All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an expert's guide to the art and craft of making great news photos, every time. 'Reporting with a camera. Capturing the instant for others. The 'decisive moment.' Photojournalism' - Brian Horton. Noted AP photographer and photo editor, Brian Horton takes you beyond the basics of lenses and exposure times to offer a rare, insider's perspective on the art and craft of photojournalism. While he does provide useful instruction on technical considerations such as picking the right angle and lighting a situation, his main concern is with the less tangible, wholly indispensable elements of content, style, and the creative process. Using more than 100 photographs from the AP archives to illustrate his points, Horton analyzes what constitutes great news photos of every type, including portraits, tableaus, sports shots, battlefield scenes, and more.He offers unique insights into composition and style, along with invaluable advice on how to develop a style of your own. And, in a chapter new to this edition, he explores the pros and cons of digital photography and the latest developments in digital development and processing. In writing The Associated Press Guide to Photojournalism , Brian Horton conducted extensive interviews with other award-winning photojournalists, whose voices echo throughout the book, sharing unforgettable war stories and hard-won insights into what it takes to seek and find memorable news photographs.Brian Horton is Senior Photo Editor for the Associated Press. He is also AP's LaserPhoto network director. An AP veteran of 30 years' experience, he has covered the World Series, the Super Bowl, the Triple Crown, the Winter and Summer Olympics, World Cup soccer, the Indianapolis 500, the NBA Finals, and other major sports events. He also has covered news events ranging from the Gulf War to coal mine disasters, presidential campaigns and political conventions. Also Available in the Associated Press series is Associated Press Broadcast News Handbook .
- Author BiographyBrian Horton is Senior Photo Editor for the Associated Press. He is also AP's LaserPhoto network director. An AP veteran of 30 years' experience, he has covered the World Series, the Super Bowl, the Triple Crown, the Winter and Summer Olympics, World Cup soccer, the Indianapolis 500, the NBA Finals, and other major sports events. He also has covered news events ranging from the Gulf War to coal mine disasters, presidential campaigns and political conventions.
- Author(s)Brian Horton
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/12/2003
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleAssociated Press Handbooks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content Note100 colour and b&w photographs
- Weight381 g
- Width182 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.