All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionVoluntary n-profit associations are an integral part of community life in Australia. These associations range from local social, sporting or community clubs or associations to large charities and professional or semi-professional sporting associations organized on a national or State level. Since the first edition of this book was published in 1989 what is w often called the 'n-profit' or 't-for-profit' sector has become an increasingly important part of Australian society. However, the law governing the operation of this sector remains obscure, especially for those associations which choose to remain unincorporated. This new edition was prompted by the continuing growth of the t-for-profit sector in both Australia and New Zealand and by major changes to the legislation in most Australian jurisdictions since the publication of the second edition in 1996. Although incorporated associations in Australia are still regulated by individual State and Territory Associations Incorporation Acts, new statutes in the Northern Territory (2004) and New South Wales (2009) and major amendments in most other jurisdictions have resulted in a more consistent approach to the most crucial regulatory issues. The Comparative Table of Statutes has been updated to incorporate these changes. A similar trend towards a more national approach can be seen in many of the numerous recent cases, especially those concerning disputes and discipline and the rights of members of an association. This is a must-have for anyone involved in the t-for-profit sector and their advisors.
- Author BiographyA S (Sally) Sievers is a former Senior Lecturer in the Law Faculty at Monash University and has also lectured at Melbourne Law School, mainly in corporations law. She has had a long-standing interest in the law relating to non-profit associations dating from her involvement in drafting the first Victorian Associations Incorporation Act which came into operation in 1981. She has published widely on non-profit association and corporations law generally, particularly directors' duties.
- Author(s)A S Sievers
- PublisherFederation Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2010
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationAnnandale, NSW
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintFederation Press
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight292 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.88Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.29Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.