All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen the hero Vercingetorix was defeated he threw his arms at Julius Caesar's feet. Years later, Caesar plans to hold a triumph with his enemy's shield - but where is it? Romans and Gauls race to track it down, and Chief Vitalstatistix, dieting on a health farm, has a surprise to spring. Will Caesar defeat the Gauls again, or will the truimph go to Asterix?
- Author BiographyRene Goscinny was born in Paris in 1926, and spent most of his childhood in Argentina, before eventually moving to Paris in 1951. He died in 1977. Albert Uderzo was born in 1927 in a small village in Marne, France. He met Rene Goscinny in 1951 and on 29 October 1959 their most famous creation, Asterix, made his first appearance on page 20 of Pilote. ASTERIX THE GAUL, their first album, was published in 1961 and there have now been 35 Asterix albums.
- Author(s)Rene Goscinny
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication22/07/2004
- SubjectChildren's Comic Strip Fiction & Graphic Novels
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOrion Children's Books (an Imprint of The Orion Publishing Group Ltd )
- Content Note48
- Weight450 g
- Width221 mm
- Height295 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Albert Uderzo
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 2
- Interest AgeFrom 7
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.