All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAstoria examines the transitory physical world of the body and reflects on the seamless quality of the present moment. Surrounded by the rush and ise of trains, highways, and grocery store checkout lines, the narrator of these poems creates an intimate space in which to ponder the ephemeral nature of everyday things and the deeper meanings that might underlie them all. It is amazing / we're t more amazed, one poem muses, The world / is here / and then it is gone. The poems in Astoria unravel the hidden within the obvious, and speak to our innate questions of longing purpose, and existence.
- Author BiographyMALENA MORLING, assistant professor of creative writing at the University of North Carolina, Wilmington, is the author of Ocean Avenue, selected by Philip Levine for the New Issues Poetry Prize. She has translated works by the Swedish poet Tomas Transtromer, a selection of which appears in the collection, For the Living and the Dead. Her work has appeared in numerous publications including the New York Times Book Review, New Republic, Washington Post Book World, Ploughshares, New England Review, and Five Points.
- Author(s)Malena Morling
- PublisherUniversity of Pittsburgh Press
- Date of Publication15/02/2006
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitlePitt Poetry Series
- Place of PublicationPittsburgh PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Pittsburgh Press
- Weight113 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.