All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this long-awaited debut volume, Jay Merill brings together her poignant stories of everyday life. Merill's narratives are charged with restless energy, her characters seek to come to terms with disappointment, ambivalence and compulsion. Merill's stories explore themes of transcendence, change and escape, often at odds with a fast-changing, indifferent world. In 'Beacon' Tilly lights candles on her dead plant to show the way to a better future. In 'WatchTower', Clara copes with her life by imagining she is a character in a play. Jay Merill's distinctive writing captures every nuance of the tiny moments that transform us.
- Author BiographyJay has just moved to a tree house in the centre of the centre and she has the feeling this will lead to a lot of creative output, because before, she was at the side of the centre and that's when she wrote the stories in this collection whereas before that, when she was in the outer crust, she went out compulsively every night and hardly wrote a thing.
- Author(s)Jay Merill
- PublisherSalt Publishing
- Date of Publication01/06/2007
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2007
- ImprintSalt Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight147 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.00
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.69
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.43
- AU $52.06Trending at AU $60.92
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.