All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHead outside and look up. What do you see? At night you might see stars, the moon, the Milky Way, and planets! During the day all these things will still be there, but they'll be hidden by the bright light of the sun. Astromy is the study of celestial objects and what's beyond the nebulous boundaries of space. In Astromy: Cool Women in Space, young readers will be inspired by stories of women who have made great strides in a field that takes courage, persistence, and creativity to pursue. Most people have heard of Carl Sagan and Stephen Hawking, but have you heard of Maria Mitchell or Caroline Herschel? For many decades, female astromers have been defining the field by making discoveries that changed the human relationship with space. Astromy: Cool Women in Space will introduce young readers to three women who are bringing the science of astromy forward and inspiring the next generation of astromers. The primary sources, essentials questions, and kwledge connections within Astromy: Cool Women in Space encourage both boys and girls to explore our celestial world while being inspired to ask what role they might play in the next discovery.
- Author BiographyAnita Yasuda is the author of more than 100 books for children. She enjoys writing biographies, books about science, social studies, and chapter books. In 2012, she won the gold Moonbeam award for her book Explore The Wild West! 25 Great Activities. She is a member of the Society of Children's Books Writers & Illustrators (SCBWI) and the Canadian Society of Children's Authors, Illustrators and Performers (CANSCAIP). She completed her degree at the University of Toronto. Anita lives with her family in Huntington Beach, California where you can find her on most days walking her dog along the shore.
- Author(s)Anita Yasuda
- PublisherNomad Press
- Date of Publication11/08/2015
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Maths, Science & Technical
- Series TitleGirls in Science
- Place of PublicationVT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNomad Press
- Content NoteColor illustrations, charts
- Weight285 g
- Width146 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.