All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis new text surveys a series of fundamental problems in astrophysics, both analytically and computationally, for advanced students in physics and astrophysics. The contents are supported by more than 110 class-tested Mathematica(R) tebooks, allowing rigorous solutions to be explored in a visually engaging way. Topics covered include many classical and historically interesting problems, enabling students to appreciate the mathematical and scientific challenges that have been overcome in the subject's development. The text also shows the advantages and disadvantages of using analytical and computational methods. It will serve students, professionals and capable amateurs to master the quantitative details of modern astrophysics and the computational aspects of their research projects. Downloadable Mathematica(R) resources available at www.cambridge.org/koberlein.
- Author BiographyBrian Koberlein is Senior Lecturer in Physics and Astronomy at the Rochester Institute of Technology. David Meisel is Distinguished Professor of Physics and Astronomy at the State University of New York, Geneseo.
- Author(s)David D. Meisel,Professor Brian Koberlein
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication28/06/2013
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note98 b/w illus. 12 tables 104 exercises
- Weight880 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.