All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAstrostatistical Challenges for the New Astromy presents a collection of mographs authored by several of the disciplines leading astrostatisticians, i.e. by researchers from the fields of statistics and astromy-astrophysics having in interest in the statistical analysis of astromical and cosmological data. Eight of the ten mographs are enhancements of presentations given by the authors as invited or special topics in astrostatistics papers at the ISI World Statistics Congress (2011, Dublin, Ireland). The opening chapter, by the editor, was adapted from an invited seminar given at Los Alamos National Laboratory (2011) on the history and current state of the discipline; the second chapter by Thomas Loredo was adapted from his invited presentation at the Statistical Challenges in Modern Astromy V conference (2011, Pennsylvania State University), presenting insights regarding frequentist and Bayesian methods of estimation in astrostatistical analysis. The remaining mographs are research papers discussing various topics in astrostatistics.The mographs provide the reader with an excellent overview of the current state astrostatistical research, and offer guidelines as to subjects of future research. The Llad authors for each chapter respectively include Joseph M. Hilbe (Jet Propulsion Laboratory and Arizona State Univ); Thomas J. Loredo (Dept of Astromy, Cornell Univ); Stefa Andreon (INAF-Osservatorio Astromico di Brera, Italy); Martin Kunz ( Institute for Theoretical Physics, Univ of Geneva, Switz); Benjamin Wandel ( Institut d'Astrophysique de Paris, Univ Pierre et Marie Curie, France); Roberto Trotta (Astrophysics Group, Dept of Physics, Imperial College London, UK); Phillip Gregory (Dept of Astromy, Univ of British Columbia, Canada); Marc Henrion (Dept of Mathematics, Imperial College, London, UK); Asis Kumar Chattopadhyay (Dept of Statistics, Univ of Calcutta, India); Marisa March (Astrophysics Group, Dept of Physics, Imperial College, London, UK).
- Author BiographyJoseph M. Hilbe is President of the International Astrostatistics Association, and chair of the ISI astrostatistics committee. ISI is the International Statistical Institute, the world association of statisticians. Prof. Hilbe is also editor-in-chief of the Springer Series in Astrostatistics and chaired the World Statistics Congress invited and special topics sessions from which eight of the book's monographs originated. An elected Fellow of the American Statistical Association and Elected Member of the ISI, Professor Hilbe is author of several leading texts in statistical modeling, including bestsellers Negative Binomial Regression, 2nd ed. (2011, Cambridge Univ Press) and Logistic Regression Models (2009, Chapman & Hall/CRC) among others.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication07/11/2012
- SubjectAstronomy, Space & Time
- Series TitleSpringer Series in Astrostatistics
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight543 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byJoseph M. Hilbe
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $91.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.