All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAuthored by two internationally recognized experts with an excellent track record, this much-needed reference summarizes latest research in the rapidly developing field of stereoselective synthesis of enantiomerically enriched ami acids, particularly of n-proteigenic origin. It highlights several different catalytic and stoichiometric asymmetric methods for their synthesis and also provides information on origin, biological properties, different synthetic strategies and important applications in medicine and pharmacology. Essential reading for synthetic chemists working in the field of asymmetric synthesis, natural products and peptide synthesis, stereochemistry, medicinal chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacology, and biotechlogy.
- Author BiographyAshot Saghyan is Director of the Scientific and Production Center Armbiotechnology of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Armenia. In 1985, he accomplished his post-graduate studies under the supervision of Prof. Yu. N. Belokon' at the A.N. Nesmeyanov Institute of Organoelement Compounds of the Academy of Sciences of the Soviet Union. In 1997, he defended his doctoral thesis. He has been working for the Institute of Biotechnology first as a researcher, head of the Laboratory of Asymmetric Synthesis and since 2000 as director. At the same time he is head of the Pharmaceutical Chemistry Department of Yerevan State University (since 2003). In 2006, he was elected Corresponding Member and, in 2010, Full Member of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Armenia. Saghyan has authored over 400 scientific publications and has received a number of scientific awards, e.g. European R. Descartes Prize. He is a long-term editor-in-chief of the Chemical Journal of Armenia. Peter Langer studied chemistry at the University of Hannover and at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT, USA). In February 1997 he obtained his Dr. rer. nat. at the University of Hannover. During a postdoctoral period in Cambridge (UK) he worked on the synthesis of oligosaccharides. In 1998 he moved to the University of Gottingen where he completed his habilitation in July 2001. In April 2002 he took a permanent position as a full professor (C4) at the University of Greifswald. In December 2004 Peter Langer moved to a new position as a full professor (C4) at the University of Rostock. Since July 2005 he is also affiliated to the Leibniz-Institute of Catalysis e. V. at the University of Rostock (LIKAT) as the head of the division 'organic synthesis'. Prof. Langer is coauthor of more than 600 research papers and reviews. His research is focused on the development of new synthetic methods and their application to the synthesis of biologically relevant ring systems. Professor Langer received several prestigious scholarships (Studienstiftung des Deutschen Volkes, Feodor-Lynen-scholarship, Liebig scholarship, Heisenberg-scholarship), international awards, and honorary doctorates of several universities. In 2015 Peter Langer has been elected foreign member of the National Academy of Science of Armenia.
- Author(s)Ashot S. Saghyan,Peter Langer
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication05/10/2016
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintBlackwell Verlag GmbH
- Weight928 g
- Width174 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $24.03
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.