All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
About this product
- DescriptionAsymptotic Geometric Analysis is concerned with the geometric and linear properties of finite dimensional objects, rmed spaces, and convex bodies, especially with the asymptotics of their various quantitative parameters as the dimension tends to infinity. The deep geometric, probabilistic, and combinatorial methods developed here are used outside the field in many areas of mathematics and mathematical sciences. The Fields Institute Thematic Program in the Fall of 2010 continued an established tradition of previous large-scale programs devoted to the same general research direction. The main directions of the program included: * Asymptotic theory of convexity and rmed spaces * Concentration of measure and isoperimetric inequalities, optimal transportation approach * Applications of the concept of concentration * Connections with transformation groups and Ramsey theory * Geometrization of probability * Random matrices * Connection with asymptotic combinatorics and complexity theory These directions are represented in this volume and reflect the present state of this important area of research. It will be of benefit to researchers working in a wide range of mathematical sciences-in particular functional analysis, combinatorics, convex geometry, dynamical systems, operator algebras, and computer science.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication24/03/2013
- LanguageEnglish & English
- Series TitleFields Institute Communications
- Series Part/Volume Number68
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight623 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byMonika Ludwig,Nicole Tomczak-Jaegermann,Vitali D. Milman,Vladimir Pestov
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.