All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe underlying astrophysical mechanisms of the objects kwn as asymptotic giant branch stars - the structures that occur during the dramatic period prior to a star's death - is the main theme of this text. Over the past three decades, asymptotic giant branch stars have become a topic of their own, and the contributions to this volume all focus on these entities themselves, rather than their connections to other fields of astromy. Among the many topics covered are new methods of high- quality infrared observation and the more detailed and realistic simulations made possible by increasingly fast computers. This collection should be useful to graduate students who work in the field, teachers who want to address the subject in their courses, and to astromers from various backgrounds who are interested in the astrophysics of AGB stars.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/12/2011
- SubjectPopular Science
- Series TitleAstronomy and Astrophysics Library
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight872 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byHans Olofsson,Harm J. Habing
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2004
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.