All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book brings together several contributions from leading experts in the field of nlinear wave propagation. This field, which during the last three decades has seen important breakthroughs from the theoretical point of view, has recently acquired increased relevance due to advances in the techlogy of fluids e.g. at microscale or nascale and the recognition of crucial applications to the understanding of biological phemena.Nonlinear wave theory requires the use of disparate approaches, including formal and rigorous asymptotic methods, Lie group theory, energy methods, numerical analysis, and bifurcation theory. This book presents a unique blend in which different aspects of the theory are enlightened and several real-life applications are investigated. The book will be a valuable resource for applied scientists interested in some of the most recent advances in the theory and in the applications of wave propagation, shock formation, nequilibrium thermodynamics and energy methods.
- PublisherWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Date of Publication02/05/2007
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Edited byM. Sammartino,Tommaso Ruggeri
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.