All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAt Home: From Pot to Pot is a fully illustrated guide on how to grow 15 different herbs and spices (the first pot in the title), and how to use these herbs and spices to prepare 30 different dishes (the second pot in the title). With planting instructions specially written for those living in small urban apartments, and the dishes being easy to prepare and utilizing common ingredients, this book is suitable for beginners to both gardening and cooking, as well as gardening and food enthusiasts. Discover the joy planting your own ingredients and cooking with them!
- Author BiographyThis book is jointly written by the Institute of Parks & Recreation and the Vegetarian Society. George Jacobs is a teacher and writer. He serves on the board of Kampung Senang Education and Charity Foundation and is president of Vegetarian Society (Singapore). George was part of the team that produced two other cookbooks: New Asian Traditions Vegetarian Cookbook and The Heart Smart Oil Free Cookbook. He frequently writes and gives talks on topics related to plant based diets. Pauline Menezes has a degree in Mass Communication. In addition to her career in education, Pauline volunteers with Vegetarian Society (Singapore). Pauline also holds a Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate from Cornell University, and a Plant-Based Professional Certificate in Cooking from Rouxbe Cooking School. She loves growing her own plants and trying new recipes that are healthy, fresh, delicious and uncomplicated. Maria Boey is an architect, landscape designer, environmental planner, urban designer and project manager. She is a member of the Singapore Institute of Landscape Architects and the Singapore Institute of Planners. She also serves as president of the Institute for Parks & Recreation, Singapore. Maria holds a Bachelor of Architecture, Masters of Arts (Urban Design) and Masters of Arts (Landscape Design). She has played a key role in the following projects: Tampines New Town, Bukit Panjang Stormwater Project, Sungei Api-Api Coastal Landscape & Housing and Punggol Waterway Landscape Masterplan. Frankie Tan is an engineer specialising in mechanical engineering. His passion for gardening grew out of his desire to use herbs and spices to safeguard his family s health. In addition to volunteering with the Institute for Parks & Recreation, Singapore, Frankie also works with community gardens around Singapore, and actively helps out at old folks homes and orphanages. Frankie also finds time to guide budding gardeners from schools at the secondary, polytechnic, junior college and university levels. Chuah Khai Lin is a passionate urban farmer with two young kids. With an advertising and mass communications background, she picked up her farming skills through trial and error, patience and working with old-time farmers. In just 1.5 years, she helped set up a rooftop farm in the heart of the city Bugis, and is in the midst setting up a Learning Garden in Bishan. Khai Lin hopes to inspire, empower and educate more people to be conscious of their carbon food prints and grow their own food.
- PublisherMarshall Cavendish International (Asia) Pte Ltd
- Date of Publication07/11/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintMarshall Cavendish International (Asia) Pte Ltd
- Weight408 g
- Width180 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.97
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.