All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe dynamics and implications of employment growth in private sector services have become a key issue in the debate on labour market organisation, social regulation and welfare policies in Western Europe. While expansion of private services is considered crucial to fight unemployment and social exclusion, the private services are often associated with social polarisation, untamed flexibility, and erosion of the standard employment relationship, trade unionism and collective bargaining - confronting the social and political actors with difficult dilemmas. In view of the limited kwledge about developments in services labour markets, the aim of this book is, on the basis of eleven country studies, to provide a comparative overview of main trends in the pattern of employment and labour relations in private sector services in Western Europe. The analyses emphasise the heterogeneity of the private sector services, reveal significant diversity across countries, and caution against the tion of a universal de-standardisation of service employment, underscoring the importance of institutions in shaping national trajectories of employment growth in services. Particular attention is paid to the challenges facing trade unions in meeting the diverse and changing aspirations of the workforce in private sector services.
- Author BiographyThe Editor: Jon Erik Dolvik is Research Director at the Fafo Institute of Labour and Social Research, Oslo, member of the editorial panel of European Journal of Industrial Relations and the editorial committee of Transfer - European Review of Labour and Research. He has published numerous books and articles on European industrial relations and trade unionism.
- PublisherPresses Interuniversitaires Europeennes
- Date of Publication01/01/2002
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleTravail & Societe/Work & Society
- Series Part/Volume Number27
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- ImprintPresses Interuniversitaires Europeennes
- Content Notetables and graphs
- Weight790 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Edited byJon Erik Dolvik,Philippe Pochet
- Edition Statement2nd edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.