All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.73
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.11
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.59
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.82
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.93
- AU $24.92Trending at AU $28.10
About this product
- DescriptionDespite well-publicized reports of decreased incidents of violence, the United States remains a leader in rates of homicide, handgun ownership, and school violence. Based on research conducted in high schools and a prison, At Zero Tolerance examines how the United States has responded to violence in its schools and in its streets. In addition to its critique of get tough policies initiated in the 1990s, this book offers a means of violence prevention that addresses issues of school restructuring, handgun policy, vocational education, and popular culture. At Zero Tolerance examines violence and violence prevention from the perspectives of policy, institutional reform, and the individuals most affected by the crisis, namely, youths caught in cycles of victimization and victimizing.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Ronnie Casella is Assistant Professor of Education at Central Connecticut State University and author of Being Down: Challenging Violence in Urban Schools.
- Author(s)Ronnie Casella
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/2001
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleAdolescent Cultures, School & Society
- Series Part/Volume Number17
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight340 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.