All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhile the background and context of the book is the current crisis in the American automobile industry, the focus is on Kokomo, home to three generations of autoworkers. This is the story of the union leaders, the salaried plant managers, the elected local officials as well as ordinary citizens of the town. In telling their story, the authors succinctly explain how the Detroit autombobile industry stumbled and how this affected millions of people in the US, Canada and Mexico. The populist narrative is ultimately an exhortation to save the stumbling industry.
- Author BiographyAbe Aamidor is an award-winning journalist and a former reporter for the St. Louis Globe-Democrat, Champaign-Urbana News-Gazette, and the Indianapolis Star newspapers. He is the author of Chuck Taylor, All Star and Shooting Star: The Rise and Fall of the British Motorcycle Industry and is a former journalism professor at Southern Illinois University, Georgia Southern University, and Indiana University. He lives in Carmel, Indiana. Ted Evanoff is a newspaper reporter who has received more than two dozen reporting awards for writing about the automobile industry, manufacturing, and economic development. He is a former automotive writer at the Detroit Free Press and is currently the economics reporter for the Indianapolis Star. He lives in Zionsville, Indiana.
- Author(s)Abe Aamidor,Ted Evanoff
- PublisherECW Press,Canada
- Date of Publication08/04/2010
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationMontreal
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintECW Press,Canada
- Content Note20
- Weight758 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.19Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.35Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $3.54Trending at AU $7.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.