All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $43.92Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the basic standards of hospital and residential care to questions about assisted suicide, debates around end of life issues are rarely out of the news. This succinct guide represents current pastoral and theological thinking in the Church of England and offers guidelines for ethical decision-making and the highest standards of pastoral care in often complex and challenging situations. Chapter One outlines the theological and ethical framework for the Church's contribution to end of life debates Chapter Two explores the questions to be asked about physician assisted suicide Chapter Three considers the ethical and pastoral issues involved in organ donation Chapter Four offers a hospital chaplain's perspective on healthcare issues towards the end of life. In addition, a useful reference section includes key documents from the Church of England.
- Author BiographyBrendan McCarthy McCarthy is the Church of England's national adviser on medical ethics and health and social care policy. Mia Hilborn is Head of Spiritual Healthcare and Chaplaincy Team Leader at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust. She is also Chair of the Chaplaincy Leadership Forum, the body responsible for representing healthcare chaplaincy to NHS England. James Newcome is the Bishop of Carlisle and, from 2010, the Church of England's lead bishop for healthcare issues. Since November 2013, he has also been the lead bishop for medical ethics and healthcare issues in the House of Lords. Mike Hill is the Bishop of Bristol. Between 2010 and 2013 he was the lead bishop for medical ethics and healthcare issues in the House of Lords. Justin Welby is the Archbishop of Canterbury.
- Author(s)Brendan McCarthy,James Newcome,Mia Hilborn,Mike Hill
- PublisherChurch House Publishing
- Date of Publication27/06/2014
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChurch House Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Foreword byJustin Welby
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.