All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book Dr. Waitzkin offers a comprehensive analysis of the current problems of costs, coverage, and access to medical care in the United States. He takes the reader into the examination room with vivid patient-doctor encounters that portray dilemmas patients frequently face. Dr. Waitzkin describes how changes in medical care have affected the decision making of doctors, as well as communication between patients and doctors. He offers an analysis of how spiraling costs, managed care organizations, declining coverage, and new techlogies have changed the decisions and the course of care chosen.
- Author BiographyHoward Waitzkin is professor and director, Division of Community Medicine, Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of New Mexico.
- Author(s)Howard Waitzkin
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication28/07/2004
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Out-of-print date09/07/2015
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width176 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.