All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn At the Heart of Reason, Claude Roma boldly calls for a reformulation of the phemelogical project. He contends that the main concern of phemelogy, and its originality with respect to other philosophical movements of the last century, such as logical empiricism, the grammatical philosophy of Wittgenstein, and varieties of neo-Kantianism, was to provide a new image of Reason. Against the common view, which restricts the range of reason to logic and truth-theory alone, Roma advocates big-hearted rationality, including in it what is only ostensibly its opposite, that is, sensibility, and locating in sensibility itself the roots of the categorical forms of thought. Contrary to what was claimed by the linguistic turn, language is t a self-enclosed domain; it cant be conceived in its specificity unless it is led back to its origin in the pre-predicative or pre-linguistic structures of experience itself.
- Author BiographyClaude Romano teaches at the University of Paris-Sorbonne, France. His most recent works translated into English are Event and Time (2013) and Event and World (2009). Michael B. Smith is a professor emeritus of French and philosophy at Berry College in Georgia, USA he has translated numerous philosophical works into English.
- Author(s)Claude Romano
- PublisherNorthwestern University Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2015
- Series TitleSPEP
- Place of PublicationEvanston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorthwestern University Press
- Weight825 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Translated byMichael B. Smith
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.