All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJoseph A. Altsheler was probably the most popular American author of boys' fiction in the first half of the twentieth century. Although his peak of popularity is past, his vels are frequently listed on ebay and find a ready audience. New printings of his most popular vels are still being issued. Despite his popularity, there has never been a collection of his short stories until w. Many of these short stories are of historical and literary interest to a general and academic audience, particularly in Kentucky where many of his stories are set. The contents of At the Twelfth Hour reflect original research about Altsheler's fiction, as well as nine of his best stories.
- Author BiographyRobert M. McIlvaine is Professor of English at Slippery Rock University. He has published many articles on American authors including Edgar Allan Poe, Stephen Crane, Ernest Hemingway, Robert E. Howard and others. For the last five years, he has been researching the undeservedly neglected works of Joseph A. Altsheler.
- Author(s)Joseph A. Altsheler
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication01/10/2007
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight199 g
- Width160 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.84Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.08
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $34.27Trending at AU $40.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.