All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionA Lament for the Soul of Atheism. Real Atheism for Real Atheists. Rooted in continental philosophy, phemelogy and existential philosophy, Atheism Reclaimed is original in its attempt to create different existential concepts to give expressions to what an authentic atheism might look like for the 21st Century. Utilizing thinkers like Heidegger, Nietzsche, Bataille and Ranciere, Vir and Sartre, Patrick O,Conr opens up a new path for atheist thought based on questions of time, truth, objects and equality in opposition to more traditional scientific materialist accounts that underline conventional atheism. O'Conr engages with five key moments that, he argues, allow us to begin to build a new conceptual discourse for atheism: Nietzsche's response to nihilism; the role of objects; an atheistic interpretation of Heidegger's account of time; the strange relation between truth and violence; and a refiguring of tions of the common.
- Author BiographyPatrick O'Connor is a lecturer in philosophy from Co.Kerry, Ireland.
- Author(s)Patrick O'Connor
- PublisherJohn Hunt Publishing
- Date of Publication26/09/2014
- SubjectAlternative Belief Systems
- Place of PublicationRopley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIff Books
- Weight159 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.