All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe fifth century BC witnessed t only the emergence of one of the first democracies, but also the Persian and the Peloponnesian Wars. John Thorley provides a concise analysis of the development and operation of Athenian democracy against this backdrop. Taking into account both primary source material and the work of modern historians, Athenian Democracy examines: * the prelude to democracy * how the democractic system emerged * how this system worked in practice * the efficiency of this system of government * the success of Athenian democracy. Including a useful chrology and blibliography, this second edition has been updated to take into account recent research.
- Author BiographyJohn Thorley is recently retired and was formerly a Professor teaching within the departments of Teaching and Education Studies, In-Service Education and History at the Charlotte Mason College, Lancaster University.
- Author(s)John Thorley
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/09/2004
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Series TitleLancaster Pamphlets in Ancient History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white line drawings
- Weight249 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.89Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.29Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.