All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAthens: Its Rise and Fall, originally published in 1837, is the most important and readable of the Victorian histories of ancient Greece. It stands alongside Macauley and Carlyle as a great historical work of British Romanticism, and anticipates the thinking of George Grote and John Stuart Mill on Greek history by over a decade. Originally published in two volumes, this new one-volume edition includes the text of the never-before published 'third volume' on which he was working at the time of his death, recently rediscovered by Oxford academic Oswyn Murray. An absolute must for any scholar of ancient Greece.
- Author(s)Sir Edward Bulwer-Lytton
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/03/2004
- SubjectAncient History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 port.
- Weight1088 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine44 mm
- Volume editorOswyn Murray
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.21Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.