All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is for anyone wanting up-to-date information on sites, things to do and places to go (indoor/outdoor, winter/summer) in ever-changing Athens and vicinity, including detailed info on what to expect, times, prices, stroller access, and how to get where you want on public transport. Written by a local guide writer, it is geared toward travel with children, and includes where to change/feed a baby and other specifics for youngsters, but the detailed emergency info, advice and tips on the most convenient places to stay, where to find certain foods, supermarkets and kid-friendly, traditional, ethnic, fast-food or 24-hour restaurants, plus shopping info (Greek products, organic, etc), with their locations in each area, are useful for anyone. Includes 70+ places to go, from the greatest hits to off-the-beaten path, 30 field trips and sites, plus entertainment, special events and holidays, sports and activities, parks, playgrounds and supervised play areas, and heat-beating drop-in hotel and destination swimming pools and beaches that are inside or close to central Athens. Also special interest info on churches and worship services, Jewish and biblical Athens, where to meditate/do yoga, and for those who need a break/on their own, suggested nightspots within walking distance if babysitting is used, and where to find hairdressers and day spas. Detailed travel info, planning/reference, orienting (quick ref, indicative) maps and cross-reference index are included.
- Author BiographyTania Kollias is an accredited journalist and editor currently living in Athens, Greece. She has worked in newspapers, magazines and related fields for more than two decades, contributing to publications such as the 'New York Daily News', 'Daily Mail' and 'Globe & Mail' among others, and has written travel guides for the likes of Frommer's, Fodor's, DK and Expedia. Originally from Vancouver, Canada, after finishing a Communications degree (SFU), she traveled to some 30 countries in North America, Europe, Asia and Africa, and has worked in Vancouver, Melbourne, Tokyo and Athens.
- Author(s)Tania J Kollias
- Date of Publication24/05/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight254 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $21.97
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.