All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the indispensable resource for any athlete considering using supplements. A countless number of new, renamed and variations of sport supplements flood the market each year. The Athlete's Guide to Sports Supplements separates fact from fiction, provides quick answers to the most common questions and delivers trustworthy information. It provides concise descriptions for 120 of today's most popular supplements and details what it is, how it works, potential performance benefits, research studies and outcomes, dosage recommendations and possible health concerns. It also provides recommendations for older athletes, those competing in extreme environments and those with special dietary needs, such as food allergies, diabetes and vegetarian requirements. Each supplement is listed alphabetically, providing a quick and easy navigation throughout the book. Alternatively, readers can use the supplement finder to locate supplements for a particular purpose, such as recovery, endurance and strength.
- Author BiographyKimberly Mueller is a US registered dietitian and board-certified specialist in sport dietetics with a master's degree in exercise physiology and sport nutrition. She is also an avid athlete competing in triathlon and running races worldwide. Josh Hingst is a specialist in the fields of nutrition and strength and conditioning, giving him unique expertise in understanding how nutrition and supplementation can complement strength training. He has worked extensively with strength and power athletes in sports such as Olympic weightlifting, powerlifting, bodybuilding, football, basketball and baseball.
- Author(s)Josh Hingst,Kimberly Mueller
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication18/06/2013
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white halftones
- Weight630 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.