All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of Athol Fugard's plays confirms his reputation as 'South Africa's most accomplished playwright' (The Times). The collection includes the plays The Road to Mecca, A Place with the Pigs, My Children! My Africa!, Playland and Valley Song, and is introduced by the author.
- Author BiographyAthol Fugard was born in Middelburg, South Africa in 1932 and grew up in Port Elizabeth, the setting for many of his plays. After spending two years at the University of Cape Town and working as a deck hand, Fugard took up acting and then started to write his own plays. He moved to Johannesburg in 1958, where he set up a multi-racial theatre, for which he wrote, directed and acted. His plays and attacks on apartheid have brought him into conflict with the South African government, and in 1962 he supported an international boycott against the practice of segregation of theatre audiences.Athol Fugard still lives in Port Elizabeth, and also has a home in New York. Many of his plays are published by Faber in its Contemporary Classics series.
- Author(s)Athol Fugard
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication02/02/1998
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight343 g
- Width127 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Introduction byAthol Fugard
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.