Atkins Made Easy: The First 2 Weeks by Atkins Health & Medical Information Services (Paperback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.00+ AU $2.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by treasuresgalore
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Dr Atkins book which makes it really easy for those revolutionizing their weight and their health with the programme. It answers all your questions and dispells the myths. This 2 week starter plan - which includes helpful food lists and recipes - is everyone's essential for the new year. The book answers the 100 most frequently asked questions and takes the reader step by step through the Atkins nutritional programme. It provides a 4 phase plan which allows 3 cups of healthy low carb veggies a day at the start, moving up to the final phase - Lifetime Maintenance - where most people can eat every kind of vegetable. Good and bad fats are explained too so that people can choose the healthy way to incorporate the essential fats in their diet. The book also shows how to incorporate healthy activity and exercise into your week - dispelling the myth that Atkins encourages people to lose weight without taking exercise. It explains how the Atkins programme helps to decrease your risk of heart disease, prevent and control type 2 diabetes, lowers blood pressure, improves symptoms of PCOS, headaches, sinus problems, abdominal pains, acid reflux, asthma, eczema, and acne. It also explains many of the myths surrounding Atkins. ie. that ketosis - where the body burns fat and t glucose - is perfectly safe and that most people doing Atkins see a drop in the LDL cholesterol. Also there is study which shows that the high protein diet is dangerous for the kidneys or that eating so much protein leaches calcium from your bones and interferes with calcium absorption.
- Author BiographyThe late Dr Robert Atkins was the founder and medical director of the Atkins Center for Complementary Medicine in New York City. His books, including Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution and Dr Atkins for Life have been worldwide bestsellers, selling over 10 million copies.
- Author(s)Atkins Health & Medical Information Services
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication05/01/2004
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight230 g
- Width111 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.