All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- Descriptionby Mario Banche, M.D. IX The neologism coloscopy (colonscopy, coloscopy) is the latest addition to the vocabulary of endoscopy of the large intestine. just as the term duodescopy was in endoscopy of the upper digestive tract a few years ago. With the advent of the coloscope it is w possible to examine the large bowel more extensively and effectively than was formerly possible with the use of its rigid forerunner, the rectosigmoidoscope. The earliest rectoscopes, 11 endoscopes introduced during the 19th century by Segales and Desormeaux (1826, 1853), were conceived for many uses-inspection of the urethra, bladder, uterus, rectum. Successive improvements eventually led to the construction of an instrument designed exclusively for endoscopy of the rectum and sigmoid colon (Bensaude, 1907). Over the following years the rectoscope underwent substantial change and thus an abundant and homogeneous literature accrued in which the available instruments and their use were described while the endoscopic pathologic sography and corresponding endoscopic pictures of the rectum and sigmoid colon were codified, illustrated first by simple sketches and later by still and motion photography. The literature contains many excellent publications, some in mograph form.
- Author(s)Christine Rossini
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication05/07/2012
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note87 black & white illustrations, 413 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight552 g
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1975
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.