All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionCurrent fashion is a complex phemen. In a constant state of constant flux, contemporary fashion combines a mix of the different cultural aspects that inform the modern individual. Atlas of Fashion Designers is born out of this proposition, and features a compilation of the most important fashion designers and their work in the past five years, selected from a multi disciplinary perspective that display the heterogeneous mix of today's fashion world. Featured designers all have one trait in common: they were singled out, t only for the quality of their work, but also because they illustrate different perspectives in their approach to fashion. This book includes designers with a wide array of visions, from classical haute couture to those who experiment with developing fields such as anthropology, new textiles, high techlogy, architecture, art, or recycling. From Ricardo Tiscci, Nicholas Ghesquiere to Sybilla, to artists who are primarily concerned with pure fashion such as Lucy Orta, or to those investigators who concern themselves with invation in the fields of textile research and techlogy, such as Issey Miyake or Hussein Chalayan.Atlas of Fashion Designers is a very relevant and useful reference in a hybrid society, which is composed of ever increasing heterogeneous elements. By offering a synthetic, fluid and diverse approach to the subject, the Atlas draws a map of the complex world of fashion at present time, and looks forward to what it may be tomorrow.
- Author BiographyLaura Eceiza is a sociologist with a doctorate in communication and cultural communication from the Complutense University in Madrid. She began her professional career combining work as a writer for Canal Estilo (E!) and as a sociology of fashion professor at the European Design Institute, with whom she collaborates to this day. She has taught trend workshops in different institutions and she presently collaborates with Canal 14 as a stylist, and Label networks as a coolhunter.
- Author(s)Laura Eceiza
- PublisherRockport Publishers Inc.
- Date of Publication20/08/2010
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationGloucester, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRockport Publishers Inc.
- Content Note1000 colour illustrations
- Weight2381 g
- Width241 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.