All listings for this product
Save on Other
- AU $19.02Trending at AU $21.54
- AU $121.00Trending at AU $127.32
- AU $34.64Trending at AU $51.29
- AU $26.07Trending at AU $28.19
- AU $17.01Trending at AU $17.87
- AU $41.57Trending at AU $44.57
- AU $34.05Trending at AU $35.04
About this product
- DescriptionAtlas of Imaging in Sports Medicine is a valuable reference text that is comprehensively illustrated with high-quality images of both common and unusual sporting injuries. This title is full of easy-to-understand information on anatomy and the biomechanics of injury that will be of use to physiotherapists, general practitioners and sports physicians. The second edition takes into account the rapid advances in techlogy that have occurred in the field since the original publication was released, and contains 50 per cent more information and many new images. The original focus on plain film radiography has been expanded to encompass radiology, MRIs, nuclear imaging and ultrasounds. New sub-specialisations in sports medicine and imaging are also addressed.
- Author BiographyJock (Ian F) Anderson was Director of Medical Imaging for the Olympic Games, Sydney 2000. He is a medical graduate of Sydney University and a member of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiology. He is also a Fellow of the Australian College of Sports Physicians, having been awarded an Honorary Fellowship for his work in teaching the trainees of the College. He is Visiting Lecturer in Musculoskeletal Imaging at the Department of Anatomy, Sydney University and in Sports Medicine Imaging at the Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of NSW. In addition, Jock was Visiting Radiologist at the Royal North Shore, Sydney Adventist and Hornsby Kuring-gai Hospitals and a consultant to Sports Imaging at North Sydney Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Centre. He was also Medical Officer for NSW Swimming, a member of the Australian Sports Medicine Federation and Committee Member of the Australasian Musculoskeletal Imaging Group. Dr John W Read MB BS (UNSW 80), FRANZCR (86), DDU (86) Dr John Read completed his post-graduate radiology training at Westmead Hospital in Sydney in 1985 and was Staff Specialist in the same department the following year. He entered private practice in 1987 at Darlinghurst X-ray, Sydney and St Vincent's Private Hospital, Sydney where he developed a special interest in high resolution ultrasound. In 1993 Dr Read established a new subspecialty ultrasound practice at the North Sydney Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Centre, which soon merged with the pre-existing plain x-ray practice at that clinic to form Sports Imaging. Over the past 19 years he has been a leader in musculoskeletal ultrasound development and education within Australia and New Zealand. Dr Read has served as both Chairman and Member of the RANZCR Ultrasound Committee. He helped coordinate the ultrasound component of imaging services at the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games, and is co-author of Atlas of Imaging in Sports Medicine, first published 1998 and recently updated in 2007 as a 2nd edition international textbook that has become a popular reference used in daily clinical practice by many radiologists, sports physicians and physiotherapists around the world.
- Author(s)Jock Anderson,John Read
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication06/12/2007
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Australia
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight6 g
- Width84 mm
- Height112 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.