All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis new project on PET-MR imaging in oncology includes digital interactive software matching the cases in the book. The interactive version of the atlas is based on the latest web standard, HTML5, ensuring compatibility with any computer operating system as well as a dedicated version for Apple iPad. The book opens with an introduction to the principles of hybrid imaging that pays particular attention to PET/MR imaging and standard PET/MR acquisition protocols. A wide range of illustrated clinical case reports are then presented. Each case study includes a short clinical history, findings, and teaching points, followed by illustrations, legends, and comments. The multimedia version of the book includes dynamic movies that allow the reader to browse through series of rotating 3D images (MIP or volume rendered), display blending between PET and MR, and dynamic visualization of 3D image volumes. The movies can be played either continuously or sequentially for better exploration of sets of images. The editors of this state-of-the-art publication are key opinion leaders in the field of multimodality imaging. Professor Osman Ratib (Geneva) and Professor Markus Schwaiger (Munich) were the first in Europe to initiate the clinical adoption of PET/MR imaging. Professor Thomas Beyer (Zurich) is an internationally rewned pioneering physicist in the field of hybrid imaging. Individual clinical cases presented in this book are co-authored by leading international radiologists and nuclear physicians experts in the use of PET and MRI.
- Author BiographyOsman Ratib is a Professor in Medicine, Chairman of the Department of Medical Imaging and Head of the Division of Nuclear Medicine at the University Hospital of Geneva. Dr. Ratib is board certified in Cardiology and Nuclear Medicine who obtained his medical degrees at the University of Geneva and a Ph.D. in Medical Imaging from University of California Los Angeles in 1989. He was appointed as Professor and Vice Chairman of the Department of Radiology at UCLA from 1998 to 2005 when he returned to Geneva to be appointed as chair of the department of medical imaging and head of the division of Nuclear medicine. In his current position he is responsible of six clinical divisions including radiology, neuroradiology, radio-oncology, nuclear medicine and medical informatics as well as a cyclotron and pre-clinical imaging unit. He has pioneered several innovative projects including advanced cardiovascular PET/CT program and the first whole-body PET/MRI unit in Europe. He is also founding member and president of the OsiriX foundation, a non-profit organization for the promotion of Open-Source software in medicine.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication17/05/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note101 black & white illustrations, 250 colour illustrations, 8 colour tables, biography
- Weight885 g
- Width210 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byBrigitte Guckel,Markus Schwaiger,Osman Ratib,Thomas Beyer
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.