All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn September 27, 1986, pilot Theresa Bond and five passengers took off on a routine flight from Atlin, BC, in her beloved de Havilland Beaver. The Taku Air passenger list that day included local politician Al Passarell, his wife, and three of Atlin's most prominent citizensincluding larger-than-life Atlin Inn owner Joe Florence. After an uneventful eighty minutes, the plane crossed the edge of Dease Lake, turned south and descended for landing. But something went tragically wrong in those last few minutes of Flight 2653. According to eyewitnesses the Beaver sedived into the lake at full cruising speed. As the plane sank into the icy depths of the lake, only pilot Theresa Bond managed to escape. All five passengers drowned. The small town of Atlin was torn apart by the tragedy. Years of endless hearings and inquiries supplied few answers, only fueling the sorrow and anger of grieving family and friends. In time the furor surrounding the inquest dissipated, but for Theresa Bond, the flames of her own private hell continued to consume her. Unable to live with the guilt and loss she had caused the families of her passengers, Bond plummeted into despair. Atlin's Anguish is a brother's dedicated and loving journey to understanding what happened that day on Dease Lake. Was it simply a lack of experience that caused Bond to lose control at such a crucial moment, or were there other circumstances that led to the crash of Flight 2653?
- Author BiographyBrendan Lillis was born in Haslemere, in the county of Surrey, England, but he grew up in the neighbouring county of Hampshire. After studying management and business in London, Lillis began a successful career in sales and marketing. He worked for Beecham Group and Cadbury Schweppes Ltd., before founding Specialty Leisure Ltd. He brought the company to America in 1982, and currently lives in Atlanta, Georgia, and Kinsale, County Cork, in Ireland. 'Atlin's Anguish' is his first book.
- Author(s)Brendan Lillis
- PublisherCaitlin Press
- Date of Publication15/03/2012
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationSaint George
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintCaitlin Press
- Weight356 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.