Atmosphere, Weather and Climate by Mark C. Serreze, Richard J. Chorley, Roger G. Barry (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $79.17Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $48.00+ AU $10.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by auspicesbooks
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents a comprehensive introduction to weather processes and climatic conditions around the world, their observed variability and changes, and projected future trends. Extensively revised and updated, this ninth edition retains its tried and tested structure while incorporating recent advances in the field. From clear explanations of the basic physical and chemical principles of the atmosphere, to descriptions of regional climates and their changes, the book presents a comprehensive coverage of global meteorology and climatology. In this new edition the latest scientific ideas are again expressed in a clear, n-mathematical matter. New features include: * extended and updated treatment of atmospheric models * final chapter on climate variability and change has been completely rewritten to take account of the IPCC 2007 scientific assessment. * new four-colour text design featuring over 30 colour plates * over 360 diagrams have been redrawn in full colour to improve clarity and aid understanding. Atmosphere, Weather and Climate continues to be an indispensable source for all those studying the earth's atmosphere and world climate, whether from environmental and earth sciences, geography, ecology, agriculture, hydrology, or related disciplinary perspectives. Its pedagogic value is enhanced by several features: learning points at the opening of each chapter and discussion topics at their ending, boxes on topical subjects and on twentieth century advances in the field.
- Author BiographyRoger G. Barry is Distinguished Professor of Geography, University of Colorado at Boulder, Director of the World Data Center for Glaciology and the National Snow and Ice Data center, and a Fellow of the Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences. The late Richard J. Chorley was Professor of Geography at the University of Cambridge.
- Author(s)Mark C. Serreze,Richard J. Chorley,Roger G. Barry
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/09/2009
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note370 colour illustrations, 20 black & white tables, 34 colour illustrations, 336 colour line drawings
- Weight1156 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.26New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.75New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.84
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.87
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $60.98Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.