All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPerhaps the most controversial aspeat of this volume is the number (V) assigned to the aonferenae in this series. Actually, the first aonferenae to be held under the title '~tomia Collisions in Solids was held at Sussex University in England in 1969 and the seaond at Gausdal, Norway in 19?1, whiah would logically make the aonferenae held at Gatlinburg, Tennessee, U. S. A. in 19?3 the third (III). However, the appearance of the proceedings of the 19?1 Gausdal Conference (published by Gordon and Breaahj bore the number IV. The reasoning behind this was that, in. faat, two pre- vious aonferenaes had been largely dedicated to the same subjeat area. The first of these was at Aarhus, Denmark in 1965 and the seaond in 196? was held in Chalk River, Canada. Henae, the number V for the 19?3 meeting. Actually, the aonferenae aan easily be traaed baak to Paris, Franae in 196l when it went under the colorful title of '~e Bom- bardement Ionique. In 1962 a small aonferenae was held at Oak Ridge, Tennessee, U. S. A. at whiah the discovery of channeling was first formally annunciated. This was followed by aonferenaes at Chalk River, Canada in 1963 and at Harwell, England in 1964. More- over, immediately following the Chalk River conference in 196? there was a aonferenae on higher energy collisions at Brookhaven, New York, U. S. A. Thus, strictly speaking, the Gatlinburg meeting is the tenth (X) in the series.
- Author(s)B. R. Appleton,C. D. Moak,Sheldon Datz
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/07/2013
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note37 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight913 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1975
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.