All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPhilosophers began speculating about matter more than 2,000 years ago, but it was t until the early 1800s that John Dalton proposed the first atomic theory based on experimental evidence. Since then, scientists have made amazing strides in uncovering the mysteries of these tiny particles. Further research has revealed that the atom is t the smallest particle, but is, in fact, made up of smaller building blocks, leading to the development of particle physics. In Atomic Structure, explore the history of atomic research, the discovery of subatomic and subatomic particles, and the ways scientists hope their work will lead them to a deeper understanding of the Big Bang.
- Author(s)Maurice Sabean
- PublisherFacts On File Inc
- Date of Publication15/09/2011
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Maths, Science & Technical
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCheckmark Books
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight456 g
- Width178 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.