All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers a reconstruction, re-interpretation and re-evaluation of the philosophy of Epicurus. It aims to show that his thought represents the most significant and systematic philosophical contribution of the Hellenistic age; and speaks with special clarity and urgency to us who find ourselves in a similar predicament. The book opens with a sketch of the Hellenistic world and proceeds to consider in detail the principal ontological, epistemological and ethical tenets of Epicurus' philosophy.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Avraam Koen teaches philosophy at Bennington College. He received his B.A. from the Department of Philosophy and History of Ideas at Brandeis University, and his M.A. and Ph.D. from the Committee on Social Thought at the University of Chicago. He has previously taught at the American University of Paris and Brandeis University.
- Author(s)Avraam Koen
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/08/1995
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies, Series 5: Philosophy
- Series Part/Volume Number152
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1995
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight310 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.