All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAttachment-Focused Trauma Treatment for Children and Adolescents brings together two powerful treatment directions that exponentially expand the kwledge and skills available to child and adolescent trauma therapists. The book provides theoretical kwledge, clinical approaches, and specific, detailed techniques that clinicians will find indispensable in the treatment of the most challenging and high-risk young trauma victims. Also included are case studies, developed from over three decades of experience, that show the reader how to use the techniques in real-life settings. The treatment approach described here is flexible eugh to adapt to real clients in the real world, regardless of trauma and attachment histories, family and living situations, or difficulties engaging in supportive therapeutic relationships. Clear and cohesive, the model presented here allows room for the individuality and approach of each therapist so that the therapeutic relationship can evolve in a genuine and unique way. An appendix of photocopiable worksheets gives interactive tools for therapists to immediately use with clients.
- Author BiographyNiki Gomez-Perales, MSW, RSW, has over twenty-five years' experience working with children and adolescents impacted by complex trauma and attachment. She is a child and adolescent therapist in Hamilton, Ontario, and is an active member of the International Association for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation (ISST-D).
- Author(s)Niki Gomez-Perales
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/06/2015
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note7 black & white tables
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.