All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow in a fully updated and expanded edition, Levy and Orlans' classic text provides a comprehensive overview of attachment theory, how attachment issues manifest, and how they can be treated. The book covers attachment-focused assessment and diagsis, specialised training and education for caregivers, treatment for children and caregivers and early intervention and prevention programmes for high-risk families. The authors explain their unique models of 'corrective attachment therapy' and 'corrective attachment parenting', and provide practical guidance on goals and techniques for clinicians who work with maltreated and attachment disordered children and families. This second edition incorporates advances in the fields of child and family psychology that have occurred since the book first published in 1998, with substantial new sections on interpersonal neurobiology, adult and couple treatment, the application of positive psychology. Clear, authoritative and skills-oriented, this is the essential guide to attachment for psychologists, social workers, clinicians, as well as foster and adoptive parents.
- Author BiographyTerry M. Levy, Ph.D., D.A.P.A., B.C.F.E. is a psychotherapist, trainer, supervisor, and consultant with over forty years of experience. Dr. Levy previously founded and directed the Family Life Center (Florida) and the Miami Psychotherapy Institute. He was also co-founder and past president of the board of directors for the Association for Treatment and Training in the Attachment of Children (ATTACh). Dr. Levy is currently co-director of the Evergreen Psychotherapy Center and the Attachment Treatment and Training Institute in Evergreen, Colorado, USA. Michael Orlans is a Certified Master Therapist with forty years of clinical experience working with children, adults, and families in public mental health, the criminal justice system, and private practice. He is an internationally renowned author and trainer who has taught throughout the United States, Canada, Great Britain, and Japan. Mr. Orlans is also a co-founder and a member of the founding Executive Board of Directors of ATTACh. Together with Dr. Levy, he is co-director of the Evergreen Psychotherapy Center and the Attachment Treatment and Training Institute.
- Author(s)Michael Orlans,Terry M. Levy
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication28/06/2014
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note13 tables, 6 figures
- Weight826 g
- Width173 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Foreword bySumiko Hennessy
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.