Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionAmericans proudly proclaim the United States a nation of immigrants. Millions who came to the US found freedom and opportunity, but America's immigrant story has always been made up of individuals whose histories differed according to who they were, where they came from, and where, when and why they arrived. 'Attachments: Faces and Stories from America's Gates', based on a National Archives Experience exhibition of the same title, draws from the millions of immigration files in the U.S. National Archives to tell some of these unique tales. The catalogue combines prospective immigrants' photographs that were attached to a variety of immigration forms, as well as other fascinating documents, to explore the attachments of immigrants to family and community.
- Author BiographyBruce I. Bustard is a senior curator with the National Archives in Washington, DC. He was educated at Hiram College (B.A.) and the University of Iowa (M.A. and Ph.D.). A curator of several major National Archives exhibits including 'A New Deal for the Arts and Picturing the Century: One Hundred Years of Photography from the National Archives', he served as lead researcher for 'Discovering the Civil War'.
- Author(s)Bruce I. Bustard,David S. Ferriero
- PublisherD Giles Ltd
- Date of Publication30/05/2012
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintD Giles Ltd
- Content Note100 Colour
- Weight590 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.