About this product
- DescriptionWhen Joules and Kevin Rockman s parents drop them off at Camp Whatsitooya on their way to an International Spamathon, the twins expect a summer of marshmallows, campfires, and cae trips. What they do t expect is to defend the earth from an invasion of sugar-addicted, murderous, seven-foot-tall rabbits from ather galaxy. Happily, the Rockman twins, veteran watchers of the Late, Late, Late Creepy Show for Insomniacs, are unusually well-prepared for dealing with monstrous beings from outer space. If only their fellow campers were so lucky.Andrea Beaty, author of several very funny picture books and a mysterious vel, here reaches new heights of hilarity and verbal dexterity in a vel sure to become a camp ba-dum-dum classic.
- Author BiographyAndrea Beaty was raised in a small southern Illinois town, where her family ran a tiny grocery store. When she wasn t roaming the nearby fields with her brothers and sisters, she was reading Nancy Drew mysteries up in the branches of a maple tree. Andrea now lives outside Chicago with her family. She is the author of When Giants Come to Play, illustrated by Kevin Hawkes, and Iggy Peck, Architect, illustrated by David Roberts. Andrea blogs about funny books for kids at www.ThreeSillyChicks.com. Learn more about her at www.AndreaBeaty.com. Dan Santat s Guild of Geniuses (2004) won the Marion Vannett Ridgeway Award for best debut author/illustrator. He has since illustrated The Secret Life of Walter Kitty, by Barbara Jean Hicks; the Otto Undercover series, by Rhea Perlman; The Ghosts of Luckless Gulch, by Anne Isaacs; and Chicken Dance, by Tammi Sauer. He is also the creator of the Disney animated series The Replacements, and is at work ona graphic novel, The Domesticated Four. He lives with his wife and two children in Southern California. Visit him at www.dantat.com.
- Author(s)Andrea Beaty
- Date of Publication01/05/2010
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight263 g
- Width161 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Illustrator(s)Dan Santat
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.