All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHe sued and took away the mob's casi. Now they want it back. His estranged sister is charged with murder and Thaddeus Murfee must defend. An employee is arrested for a drug crime and he must defend. Topping it all off, Thaddeus himself is charged with tax crimes-at the worst possible moment. A legal mystery all but sweeps them away. In this fast-paced legal vel, well-kwn lawyer Thaddeus Murfee has everything to lose and the weight of the legal world on his shoulders. A lawyer of four years who has earned his spurs, Murfee finds himself defending three felony crimes--including his own. His new wife has given him a daughter and he dotes on her. Then the mob comes. Legal suspense takes over and the reader is taken on a wild ride through the Nevada desert in this lawyer vel that takes you inside the operation of the Desert Riviera Casi and Hotel. Plus the reader is witness to the preparation and defense of three criminal cases. It all comes together through the terrible actions some would take against the young lawyer's family. Thaddeus Murfee Attorney at Large is the third book in the Thaddeus Murfee series of legal thrillers. The books may be enjoyed in any order the reader wishes.
- Author BiographyJohn Ellsworth was born in Phoenix, Arizona, and moved to Chicago to set up his law practice. For thirty years he defended criminal clients across the United States. He has defended cases ranging from shoplifting to First Degree Murder to RICO to Tax Evasion, and has gone to jury trial on the same. His first book, The Defendants, was written in 2013 and published for Amazon Kindle on January 20, 2014. The protagonist is Thaddeus Murfee, a 25 year old attorney with 18 months under his belt. He is drawn into a government-mob conspiracy when a woman walks into his office who has been tattooed with a ballpoint pen across her breasts V-I-C-T-O-R. An investigation, lawsuit, murder trial, and showdown with a Mob hit-man ensue. Strong female characters, bright and tough, make the book come alive. John's second book, Beyond a Reasonable Death is available on Amazon and was published in March 2014. It is the continuing story of Thaddeus Murfee and is a legal thriller in the true sense of the word. Beyond a Reasonable Death has been an instant hit with John's fans and new readers alike. I loved writing these books.They are the kinds of books I love to read, full of information about a wide spectrum of characters, lots of dialogue, and, as always, plenty of action and traps for the young attorney. The books represent the kind of learning experience I went through when I was Thaddeus' age and learning how to patty-cake when it came to doing the right thing for clients. Today John Ellsworth lives in Arizona, is married with three grown children (all musicians and teachers) and rescues guinea pigs and plays classical guitar. My next novel is underway and looks like a heart-thumping thriller, so please check back often.
- Author(s)John Ellsworth
- Date of Publication23/06/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight376 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.33
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.