All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the very beginning of the automobile industry, manufacturers have had to prove the mettle of their products in order to stand out from the multitude of rival companies. One of the best means to accomplish this was by winning races and establishing high-speed endurance records. No one pursued this concept more aggressively than those merchants of speed, E. L. Cord and the Duesenberg brothers, Fred and Augie. Ride along with some of the era s most talented and daring drivers as they put Auburns, Cords and Duesenbergs through their paces. The extensive archive collection of the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Automobile Museum provides an anthology of spectacular photographs of these three marques as they gain laurels in the crucible of competition. Informative captions tell the story of the dauntless efforts of men and machines as they raise the bar of automotive engineering during the formative days of the American automobile.
- Author BiographyJon Bill is the Director of Education and Archives at the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Museum in Auburn, Indiana. He lives in his hometown of Fort Wayne, a city 20 miles to the south. A graduate of Purdue University, majoring in Industrial Education, Jon taught Technology Ecucation for 34 years before joining the museum staff in June of 2001. He has authored several Iconografix books on Auburn, Cord and Duesenberg.
- Author(s)John Bill
- Date of Publication01/05/2010
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationHudson, WI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note375
- Weight499 g
- Width260 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.15Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.