All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is about the relationship between learning English as an additional language and the ways in which immigrant students are able to represent their identities at school. In high schools, how such students are heard by others may be just as important as how they speak.
- Author BiographyJennifer Miller is a lecturer in the School of Education at the University of Queensland where she teaches undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the TESOL area, as well as in pre-service teacher education. Her research and publications are in the areas of language acquisition and identity, qualitative methodology and teacher's work. Miller also teaches ESL in an intensive reception program for immigrant high school students. She has a strong commitment to the productive nature of combining life inside classrooms with academic work. Audible Difference brings together the academic insights with the perspective of an experienced classroom teacher.
- Author(s)Jennifer Miller
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication23/04/2003
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleLanguages for Intercultural Communication and Education
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.5
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Content Notebibliographical references, index
- Weight402 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.94
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.