All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe reputation of corporate reporting has been in crisis. Trust in the process of financial accounting and auditing has been undermined by a series of high profile scandals involving major corporations, including Enron, Parmalat, Ahold, and Worldcom. In response, regulators and practitioners world-wide have put forward a series of initiatives to repair the damage and restore faith in corporate governance. In this important book, the European Auditing Research Network analyzes how that response has developed in Europe, with particular emphasis on the field of auditing. Leading international academics review how regulation has been revised in specific European countries to help restore confidence in the contribution of auditing to corporate governance. Various themes are explored, including the growing trend of internationalization in regulation, ethics and auditing, professional liability, and professional education. Auditing, Trust and Governance is an invaluable volume for students, researchers and professionals working in the fields of auditing, accountancy and corporate governance, and provides a useful basis for further research on the effects of the increased regulation.
- Author BiographyThe volume has been guided and managed as a project through the European Auditing Research Network (EARNet) Scientific Committee, supervised by Reiner Quick, Stuart Turley and Marleen Willekens. Reiner Quick is Professor of Accounting and Auditing at Darmstadt University of Technology, Germany. Stuart Turley is KPMG Professor of Accounting at Manchester Business School, UK. Marleen Willekens is Professor of Auditing at Tilburg University, the Netherlands.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/10/2007
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note18 black & white illustrations, 32 black & white tables, 18 black & white line drawings
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byMarleen Willekens,Reiner Quick,Stuart Turley
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.