All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the most fundamental aspects of the auditory system is its frequency selectivity - the ability to resolve a complex sound into frequency compOhents. This ability plays a role in many aspects of auditory perception, including: the masking of one sound by ather; the perception of pitch for pure tones and complex tones; the perception of timbre; the perception of the relative phase of components in complex sounds; and the perception of loudness. Over the last decade, there have been considerable advances in our understanding of frequency selectivity, both at the physiological and psychophysical level, and rapid progress continues to be made. This book summarizes the proceedings of a NATO Advanced Research Workshop on Auditory Frequency Selectivity which was held in Wolfson College, Cambridge from June 23rd to 27th, 1986. The Workshop brought together leading researchers from all disciplines relevant to the topic, with the aim of reviewing and consolidating the latest research findings, and identifying areas of uncertainty or controversy where further research is needed. The book is aimed primarily at research scientists and research students in the fields of psychology, audiology, auditory physiology, biophysics, medicine, acoustical engineering, ise control, communication and speech science. It should also be useful for advanced undergraduates in these disciplines. A feature of the book is that it includes summaries of the discussions which followed the presentation of each paper at the Workshop.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/12/2012
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Series TitleNATO Science Series A
- Series Part/Volume Number119
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note24 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight883 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byBrian C. J. Moore
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1986
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $19.13New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $14.21New
- AU $6.50Used
- AU $31.93New
- AU $20.04New
- AU $24.96New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.86Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $58.25Trending at AU $62.59
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
- AU $35.08Trending at AU $38.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.