All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Tennessee Williams and Carson McCullers to Arthur Kopit and Brian Friel, agent Audrey Wood encouraged and guided the unique talents of playwrights in the Broadway theatre of her day. Her quiet determination and burning enthusiasm brought America's finest mid-century playwrights to prominence and altered stage history.
- Author BiographyMilly S. Barranger is Distinguished Professor Emerita of Dramatic Art at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, USA. She is the author of several studies about twentieth-century women and modern American theatre, including Margaret Webster: A Life in the Theatre; Unfriendly Witnesses: Gender, Theatre, and Film in the McCarthy Era; A Gambler's Instinct: The Story of Broadway Producer Cheryl Crawford; and Audrey Wood and the Playwrights . A former producing director of PlayMakers Repertory Company, she is coeditor of Notable Women in the American Theatre: A Biographical Dictionary . In addition to the College of Fellows of the American Theatre, she has led both the National Theatre Conference and the American Theatre Association.
- Author(s)Milly S. Barranger
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication17/12/2013
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Series TitlePalgrave Studies in Theatre and Performance History
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight305 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.