All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAuger electron spectroscopy (AES) is based on the Auger total secondary electron energy distribution, and an ion gun to process, which involves the core-level ionization of an atom with provide depth profiling capability. subsequent deexcitation occurring by an outer-level electron de- The high surface sensitivity of Auger spectroscopy which dictates caying to fill the core hole. The excess energy is transferred to the need for an ultrahigh-vacuum system is due to the limited and causes the ejection of ather electron, which is by definition mean free path of electrons in the 0-3000 e V kinetic energy an Auger electron. The Auger electron transition, deted by range. The Auger peaks decay exponentially with overlayer cov- the electron levels involved, is independent of the excitation erage, which is consistent with an exponential dependence of source and leaves the atom with a constant kinetic energy. The escape probability on the depth of the parent atom. A compila- kinetic energy is given by the differences in binding energies for tion of data from a variety of sources has been used to generate the three levels (for example, EK-E L, - EL ) minus a correction 2 an escape depth curve which falls in the range of 5-30 A in the term for the work function and electron wave function relaxation. energy range from 0 to 3000 eV. The observed escape depth does When the Auger transition occurs within a few angstroms of the t show a strong dependence on the matrix.
- Author(s)G. McGuire
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication15/01/2013
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight380 g
- Width210 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1979
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.