All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCentring on the reign of the emperor Augustus, volume four is pivotal to the series, tracing of the changing shape of the entity that was ancient Rome through its political, cultural and ecomic history. Within this period the Roman world was reconfigured. On a political and constitutional level the patterns of the republic, which sustained an oligarchic regime and a popularist structure, were transformed into a monarchical dictatorship in which the earlier elements continued to function. On an imperial level, the growth in Roman power reached what was virtually its apogee. In literature and the visual arts, new forms of expression, based on those of the previous generations but closely linked to the new regime, showed great achievements. In society and the ecomy, the effectiveness and dominance of Rome as the centre of world power became increasingly obvious.
- Author BiographyJ. S. Richardson is Emeritus Professor of Classics at the University of Edinburgh.
- Author(s)John Richardson
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2009
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps, figures
- Weight454 g
- Width155 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.91Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.