Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $78.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrench architect Auguste Perret (1874-1954) was a pioneering precursor to the Modern movement. His career is inextricably linked to the constructional technique of reinforced concrete: in works such as his 1903 apartment building in Rue Franklin, Paris, concrete - a material that previously had been perceived as common and industrial - was reinvented, handled artistically and granted its own idiom. Le Corbusier described this building as 'a foretaste of the modern world'. With his projects in France and abroad - such as the Musee des Travaux Publics in Paris, the Church of Notre-Dame at Raincy and many other domestic, industrial and urban buildings - Perret caught the attention of a generation searching for a new architecture appropriate to the twentieth century. A committed constructor and invator, Perret simultaneously adhered to structural classicist principles, continuously resisting the more transitory aspects of the avant-garde. This mograph is the first sustained study of Perret in English, richly illustrated with new colour photography as well as drawings and photographs from the Perret archive. It also includes an appendix of Perret's aphorisms and other writings, which provide a penetrative insight into his craft and its artistic social priciples.
- Author BiographyKarla Britton is Director of the New York/ Paris programme of Columbia University's Graduate School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation in Paris.
- Author(s)Karla Britton
- PublisherPhaidon Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2001
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhaidon Press Ltd
- Content Note90 colour & 160 b&w illustrations, notes, bibliography, index
- Weight1021 g
- Width210 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $29.85Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.