All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe essays in this volume take stock of recent scholarly developments and revisit old assumptions about the significance of Augustine of Hippo for political thought. They do so from many different perspectives, examining the anthropological and theological underpinnings of Augustine's thought, his critique of politics, his development of his own political thought, and some of the later manifestations or uses of his thought in the Middle Ages, the Renaissance, and today. This new vision is at once more bracing, more hopeful, and more diverse than earlier readings could have allowed.
- Author BiographyJohn Doody is Professor of Philosophy and Associate Dean of Arts and Sciences at Villanova University. Kevin L. Hughes is Assistant Professor of Theology and Religious Studies at Villanova University. Kim Paffenroth is Assistant Professor of Religious Studies at Iona College.
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication31/03/2005
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleAugustine in Conversation: Tradition and Innovation
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight576 g
- Width166 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byJohn Doody,Kevin L. Hughes,Kim Paffenroth
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.